Salvation in Jesus Christ
(We have included below the information from our Salvation Page on this site for reference to key scripture verses and a prayer.)
In these uncertain times many of us have turned our thoughts even more away from this 'world' and looking to the next.
The Bible tells us that that our only 'escape' from this dying world is by salvation through Jesus Christ:
"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?" Hebrews 2:3
"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." Matt 24
Some of us may even have uncertainty about our standing with God and hope to make sure that we are right with Him. 1 John 5:13 gives us the assurance of salvation if we believe in Jesus Christ:
"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."
The Bible tells us that Salvation is to be found only through the name of Jesus Christ 'whereby we must be saved':
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved ...he name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead." Acts 4:10-12
Many of us can see that 'this world' is fading away fast and wish to no longer be of this corrupt world but to be 'born again' of God unto eternal life and the life to come:
"The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish." Isaiah 24:4
The passage below from 1 John 5:1-14 explains all of this very well:
"1Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
14 And this is the confidence that we have in him." 1 John 5:1-14
Salvation Page -
The decision to place your trust in Christ is the most important choice that you will ever make in your life.
Let the verses below guide you in the knowledge that we are all sinners in need of a Savior.
- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
We all need to repent - turn from - our own self-righteousness, because we can do nothing 'good' enough to merit salvation.
- But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. Isaiah 64:6
Only Jesus Christ can save us and cleanse us from our sins.
- Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12
PRAYER OF SALVATION:
Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father , but by me.” (John 14:6)
“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” (Romans 10:9)
1. Admit you are a sinner. See Romans 3:10
"As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one."
2. Be willing to turn from sin and your own self-righteousness (repent). See Acts 17:30
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead. See Romans 10:9-10
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour. See Romans 10:13
WHAT TO PRAY: “Dear God, I am a sinner and need forgiveness. I believe that Jesus Christ shed His precious blood and died for my sin. I am willing to repent – turn from sin and turn to You. I now invite Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour.” –Amen
If you trusted Jesus as your Saviour, you have just begun a wonderful new life with Him. Now:
1. Read your Bible every day to get to know Jesus Christ better.
2. Talk to God in prayer every day.
3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.
4. Tell others about Jesus Christ.
GOD BLESS YOU!