God cares about our hearts on many levels! There are well over 800 references to the heart in the Bible.
Here are a few things you can do to keep your heart healthy - physically AND spiritually!
- Eat a healthy diet. A plant-based diet is one of the best medicines for your heart. Eat those greens!
- Exercise regularly. We know, seems simple. But there is a reason why exercise is always on the to-do list. Your body, especially your heart, needs it! Get out and take a brisk walk on a regular basis.
- Find accountability. Accountability is crucial for physical and spiritual health. A little friendly encouragement can spur you on to go from sitting on the couch to sitting on the bike. Same goes for your spiritual heart health.
- Spend time in the Word. Fill your heart up with the Gospel and the Gospel is what will flow out of it.
- Pray. Without ceasing. We have a direct line to the Giver of Life. Talking to Him is key for living life to the fullest. Join your brothers and sisters in Christ in prayer. Share your prayer requests, and bless others by praying for theirs.
Contact us HERE. We would love to pray for you and help you on your journey to a healthier 'heart'!
Proverbs 4:23 "Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."
Proverbs 17:22 " A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."
(Health information excerpted from Medishare Blog for Christian Health Care.)